Friday, May 01, 2009

Phrases which continue affecting me

First blog in May will be studded with my favorite phrases.
First of all, I will introduce one book to use when I boiled down by making proposal and by making sentence.
It's book is "401 design meditations." This book has collected wisdom, insights, and intriguing thoughts from 244 leading visionaries.


Then I will introduce some particularly favorite phrases in this book.

● "Good design is good business." (Thomas Watson, Jr.; Founder of IBM)

● "Design is a response to social change." (George Nelson; Architect and Industrial Designer)

● "The good is not a category that interests me." (Rem Koolhaas; Architect, Principal of OMA, Netherlands)

● "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." (Winston Churchill; Prime minister of England during World War Ⅱ)

● "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." (Pablo Picaso; Spanish-born painter and co-founder of Cubism)

These phrases continue still affecting me.

No comments: